Consider nominating yourself or someone else! Deadline is November 15th, 2018
The SRCD Asian Caucus seeks nominations for two leadership positions: Chair-Elect and Treasurer. These Officers will serve on the Caucus’ Steering Committee, along with the incoming Chair for 2019-2021 (Richard Lee) and current Secretary 2017-2021 (Vaishali Raval). Officers serve four-year terms, and the new terms will begin after the 2019 SRCD Biennial Meeting. The outgoing committee members are Charissa Cheah (Chair) and Virginia Huynh (Treasurer). Please feel free to contact them or us (email@example.com) if you have questions. To self-nominate or nominate someone else, please email Richard Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org by November 15, 2018. Include the following materials:
1. The nominee’s name, job title, organization, and the position being nominated for (Chair-Elect, Treasurer)
2. A few sentences of description of the nominee and why he/she is a strong candidate for the position (100 words max)
3. A CV, resume, or bio if available
Position descriptions are below:
• Coordinates and facilitates Steering Committee meetings, in the absence of the Chair.
• Takes the lead on internal leadership issues.
• Coordinates SRCD preconference events.
• Chairs the Nominations Committee.
• Two years after being elected to office, assumes the Chair position at the close of the SRCD Biennial Meeting.
• Oversees Caucus finances including holding custody of and dispensing Caucus funds
• Records, reports, and archives records of Caucus income and expenditures.
• Provides at minimum annual budget reports and proposed next-year budgets to the Steering Committee
• Maintains membership records
• Provides annual reports to the steering committee about the membership
• Takes the lead on membership drives and external fundraising, including providing reports to the steering committee about funding opportunities.
• When term ends, passes archive of financial records to the next Treasurer.