Charissa S. L. Cheah, Ph.D.
University of Maryland, Baltimore County
Richard M Lee, Ph.D.
University of Minnesota, Minneapolis
Virginia Huynh, Ph.D.
California State University, Northridge
Vaishali Raval, Ph.D.
Miami University, Oxford
Student/Early Career Representative (2017-2021)
Rui Fu, M.S.
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia
Dr. Angela Chow, Assistant Professor in the Department of Applied Health Science at Indiana University, Bloomington
Dr. SuWan Gan, Assistant Professor of Psychology and Counseling at Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman, Malaysia
Dr. Jacqueline Nguyen, Assistant professor in the Learning & Development program at University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Dr. Yang Qu, Postdoctoral Research Fellow in the Department of Psychology at Stanford University
(2015-2017): Hiro Yoshikawa, Ph.D., New York University
(2013-2015): Vivian Tseng, Ph.D., William T. Grant Foundation
(2011-2013): Ramaswami Mahalingam, Ph.D., University of Michigan
(2008-2010): Ruth Chao, Ph.D., University of California, Riverside
(2015-2017): Charissa S. L. Cheah, Ph.D., University of Maryland
(2013-2015): Hiro Yoshikawa, Ph.D., New York University
(2011-2013): Vivian Tseng, Ph.D., William T. Grant Foundation
(2010): Ramaswami Mahalingam, Ph.D., University of Michigan
(2008-2009): Suniya Luthar, Ph.D., Columbia University
• Provides leadership for the Asian Caucus
• Coordinates and facilitates Steering Committee and general membership meetings
• Takes the lead on external leadership issues: is the principal liaison between the Asian Caucus and other Caucuses and external bodies, or designates person(s) to act in this capacity in consultation with the Steering Committee
• Coordinates and facilitates Steering Committee meetings, in the absence of the Chair
• Takes the lead on internal leadership issues
• Coordinates SRCD preconference events
• Chairs the Nominations Committee
• Two years after being elected to office, assumes the Chair position at the close of the SRCD Biennial Meeting
• Oversees Caucus finances including holding custody of and dispensing Caucus funds
• Records, reports, and archives records of Caucus income and expenditures
• Provides at minimum annual budget reports and proposed next-year budgets to the Steering Committee
• Maintains membership records
• Provides annual reports to the steering committee about the membership
• Takes the lead on membership drives and external fundraising, including providing reports to the steering committee about funding opportunities
• When term ends, passes archive of financial records to the next Treasurer
• Records, reports, and archives the transactions of the Steering Committee and Caucus activities. This includes recording minutes at Caucus Steering and general membership meetings; reporting minutes after the meetings; and archiving them
• Provides annual reports to the membership on the Steering Committee and Caucus activities
• Takes the lead on Caucus communications including those between Caucus members,Steering Committee and Caucus members, and the Caucus and external bodies
• Is responsible for the listserv and website
• Archives the Caucus Policies and Procedures Manual, reports, communications, and dissemination materials
• When term ends, passes the archive of documents to the next Secretary
• At the time of election, the student representative must be engaged at least half-time in undergraduate, graduate, or postdoctoral training inclusive of internship and residency. The student representative will continue his or her term regardless of changes in student status
• Represents student interests on the Steering Committee, and provides leadership on those issues
• Takes the lead in coordinating career development and mentoring activities for students and other early career researchers